Our flowers are specially and individually prepared and to allow them to be
enjoyed for as long as possible, some flowers may be delivered in bud. Please
read the following simple care instructions to get the most out of your
Gift Wrapped and Hand Tied Bouquets
- Take care when removing the cellophane, which may contain water.
- If your flowers have been hand tied as an open bouquet, they have been
specially designed to place straight into a vase. They do not need to be untied.
- If your flowers have been gift wrapped as a traditional bouquet, they are
loose for you to arrange into one or two vases as you choose.
- Trim the stems by 3cm and at an angle with a sharp knife or secateurs.
- Remove any leaves, which will be below the water line.
- Fill a clean vase with lukewarm water and use the flower food attached to
- Top up the water daily.
- Place flowers in a cool location, away from draughts, direct heat or
- Regularly remove faded flowers.
- Re-trim the ends by 1-2cms and replace the water and flower food.
- Top up the container with water daily and remove fading flowers.
- Most plants like the light and temperature of their natural habitat so try
to reproduce these conditions wherever possible.
- Avoid draughts, fumes and extremes of temperature.
- Water regularly and feed as required.
Please handle with care
- Flowers/plants supplied by Wharram’s are for display only and must not be
- Certain plants and flowers may be harmful or cause irritation so take care
when handling and wash hands after arranging as a precaution.
- In case of irritation, wash affected area immediately with cold water. Do
not touch irritated skin and see a doctor if symptoms persist.
- If consumed, drink a glass of water immediately and see a doctor as soon as
possible, taking a sample of the plant or flower with you.
- Lilly pollen may stain. Carefully remove stamens from any newly opened
blooms and avoid contact.
- Fruit used in arrangements is for decorative purposes only. Do not remove or
eat. It may have been secured with sharp materials.
- Candles are for decoration only. To avoid the risk of fire, do not light
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- We recommend that you don not place your flowers/plant on an unprotected